Biking Bridges for girls' education in Malawi

I pledged to cycle across 20 bridges before November 2013 to raise £2000.00 to support girls in secondary schools in North Malawi via the Mamie Martin Fund. My total is £1200.00 pounds as at end November so thanks for helping me to do that! A 1% rise in women’s literacy is 3 times more likely to reduce deaths in children than a 1% rise in the number of doctors.


Friday 4 January 2013

The purpose

Supporting girls' education is a vital part of supporting the development of a country and I was a founder member of the Mamie Martin Fund, which enters its 20th year in 2013.  This small charity supports girls' education in North Malawi through local schools and people.  Like all charities it is experiencing tough times and we must not get into a situation of supporting fewer girls, all for the want of some fund-raising.

My part in this is to cycle over 20 bridges to raise £2000.00 before November 2013.  The picture at the top of this blog is of my trusty bike, which will be used for the Scottish bridges.  I will choose my bridges on the basis of 'interestingness'.  I will record each of the bridge crossings here.

Thanks for tuning in.

Moira

Sponsor me here

No comments:

Post a Comment