Biking Bridges for girls' education in Malawi

I pledged to cycle across 20 bridges before November 2013 to raise £2000.00 to support girls in secondary schools in North Malawi via the Mamie Martin Fund. My total is £1200.00 pounds as at end November so thanks for helping me to do that! A 1% rise in women’s literacy is 3 times more likely to reduce deaths in children than a 1% rise in the number of doctors.


Friday 4 January 2013

Bridge 3 - Ha'penny Bridge, Dublin

Image courtesy of
Tom Cronin Research, Photographer & Author 
17th December and a lovely day for a bit of city cycling adventure with my niece.  We hired bicycles through Dublin Bikes and set off for the river Liffey.  The Ha'penny Bridge is lovely but full of pedestrians.  Well, it IS a pedestrian bridge.  They were all very tolerant of me getting in their way as I biked over and back!
Image courtesy of
Tom Cronin Research, Photographer & Author 

Posing for the pic was the biggest challenge as the bridge was really very crowded - so thanks to my assistant/photographer, Ali Dunworth.  I am grateful to Tom Cronin for permission to use two of his lovely pics of this bridge.

My next Irish bridges will be in the Gap of Dunloe in Co Kerry at the end of July.


Sponsor me here

No comments:

Post a Comment