Biking Bridges for girls' education in Malawi

I pledged to cycle across 20 bridges before November 2013 to raise £2000.00 to support girls in secondary schools in North Malawi via the Mamie Martin Fund. My total is £1200.00 pounds as at end November so thanks for helping me to do that! A 1% rise in women’s literacy is 3 times more likely to reduce deaths in children than a 1% rise in the number of doctors.


Friday 18 January 2013

Bridge 6 - Kessock

Friday 18th January 2013
The Kessock Bridge goes across the Moray Firth from Inverness.  I arrived at Inverness by train and put on thermals and lots of layers and set off in search of the bridge.  In spite of the sub-zero temperature, I was quickly overheated and had to shed several layers - there's nothing like cycling up a hill to warm you up.  It was quite hard to find the bridge and I got over-involved in several roundabouts.  Met another cyclist who pointed me in the right direction but I still got onto a dual carriageway by accident.  However, no harm done and I made it to the bridge, as you can see.  I had a lovely cycle across and then I was on the Black Isle.  It's a lovely place and I must come back here on a day when the temperature is above 10 Celcius.  There is a brewery to explore - for starters.  The roads are a bit manic, but where are they any different?  My planned bridge in Istanbul will make the A9 look very tame,

No comments:

Post a Comment